Sestito and Wood to Leave the Steelers Today
Sheffield Steelers have this morning confirmed that Tom Sestito is returning home on Wednesday, the day that new signing Simon Ferguson arrives.
Sestito made an immediate impact on the Steelers when arriving due to the NHL lockout. In just 17 games Sestito amassed 8 goals and 19 points to go with his 69 penalty minutes.
Head coach Ryan Finnerty explained the move "Well firstly we are sorry to see Tommy leave us. He made a hell of an impression in such a short period. I think he will be remembered here for a long time by both his team mates and the supporters
"We though can't stand in Tommy's way and he has several other options should the NHL remain locked out. Tommy is going to return home on Wednesday and I would think head back over to Europe before too long if the lock out continues. There are some big money teams looking for guys right now who can pay Tommy well.
"Tommy was up front with us all along. He has more than played his part for us and we can't thank him enough and have nothing but good things to say about the big man"
Finnerty had hoped that Sestito would remain and play on the same team as new signing Simon Ferguson "Yes this was never a one in and one out move with Ferguson arriving" said Finnerty "I wanted them both to play together. Saying that this departure of Tommy does give us options to bring in another player, maybe someone at the back end who can help us whilst Jim Jorgenson is out injured. It's something we are looking at right now"
Steelers also confirmed that forward Danny Wood would be leaving the club and heading to the Sheffield Steeldogs in the EPL. Finnerty said "I don't think it's the last we have seen of Danny in a Steelers shirt but the lad needs to play. He needs the ice time we can't give him right now. I know he would rather stay up with us at the Steelers but this move might be the best thing for him right now"
- June 18, 2013New Contract for Woolhouse
- June 17, 2013Steelers Help Launch Keepmoat Showhouse
- June 17, 2013Dowdy at Dronfield on Wednesday
- June 16, 201315th July for Nottingham Tickets
- June 16, 2013Fixtures Confirmed for Season 2013-14
- June 14, 2013Dowdy Visits Hall-Fast in First Steelers...
- June 13, 2013Steelers and Hall-Fast Continue Partnership
- June 13, 2013Steelers Attending Keepmoat Site Opening
- June 12, 2013Christiansen Hopeful on House Signing
- June 8, 2013Steelers Sign Chad Langlais
- June 8, 2013Best Wishes to Ashley Tait
- June 6, 2013Fixtures Update