Steelers 1-2 Edinburgh Capitals
It was a night of surprises in the Elite league with both Sheffield and Belfast going down to the leagues bottom two sides, Fife and Edinburgh.
Whilst Belfast were being beaten in Fife 4-1 the Steelers went down 2-1 to the Cap's
Official EIHL Match report.
Sheffield Steelers 1 Edinburgh Capitals 2
Without a win on the road this season having lost all 13, Edinburgh produced one of the shocks this season as they went to title chasing Sheffield and came out on top by the odd goal in three.
Steelers had recent signings Simon Ferguson and ex Cardiff player Chris Frank in their line-up. However, they lost the services of another ex-Devil Tyler Michel with only 2.26 on the clock as he was ejected on a 5 plus game for checking to the head. Despite Sheffield being the dominant team in the first period the teams went in at the break at 0-0.
The visitors shocked the home support as Curtis Leinweber put them in front at 25.19 with a powerplay goal. The Capitals looked as though they were going to hold onto this slender lead at the second break. However, with 20 seconds remaining in the period there was relief all round as Matt Stephenson found the net to make it one apiece.
Despite Steelers getting back on level terms it was the Capitals who found the way to goal in the third period. And it turned out to be the game winner as Willie Nicolson scored at 53.46. With goaltender DeCaro pulled for the extra skater in the final minute the Caps held on to record a tremendous victory.
John DeCaro 6+8+8=22
Tomas Hiadlovsky 15+11+6=32
- October 19, 2014AUDIO: Adams: Post Game
- October 19, 2014Cardiff Devils 5-2 STEELERS
- October 19, 2014Hendrikx Suspended for Tonights Clash
- October 18, 2014Michael Hicks on the Big Decision.
- October 18, 2014AUDIO: O'Connor and Adams
- October 18, 2014Steelers 5-3 Cardiff Devils
- October 17, 2014Ben O'Connor Arrives in Sheffield for...
- October 17, 2014700 Game Hewey Ready for the Devils
- October 16, 2014At the SSSC Table on Saturdau
- October 16, 2014Ben O'Connor Signs for the Steelers
- October 16, 2014How the papers Reported the Steelers Win
- October 15, 2014Phillips Milestone as he Reaches 400 EIHL...