Steelers Sign Chris Frank
The Sheffield Steelers have confirmed the signing of 26 year old blue liner Chris Frank for the remainder of the season.
Frank played for the Cardiff Devils last season amassing 4 goals 13 points and an incredible 324 penalty minutes.
Head coach Ryan Finnerty said "We finally got our man. We spoke all last summer with Chris trying to bring him here. I think he enjoyed his time in Cardiff but wanted to give North America one last go. With the lock out and the politics back there that decision didn't quiet work out
"We are lucky to be in the position where a player like him becomes available at this time of the year. With Jim Jorgenson out until late February we needed another guy at the back. Timing worked out just right with Tommy Sestito leaving us, it meant we had the space and the budget to bring another guy in.
"Chris will be bringing us toughness of course but he is also a very good player, he is mean and nasty and I will be looking for him to continue with this style whilst with us
"Chris will fly in on Wednesday and make his debut on Saturday in the home game against Edinburgh at ICE Sheffield"
Frank, speaking from San Francisco on Monday evening confirmed that he was excited to be returning the UK "I loved my time in Cardiff, the fans there were great. I'm excited about going to Sheffield, when you play there you realise its like being in Cardiff but just times 10
"I want to win and Ryan has put a great team together. I know Ryan from back in the day over here. I have heard great things about him as a coach and can't wait to play for him. I can't get over soon enough and I'm looking forward to Saturdays game against Edinburgh"
- April 20, 2014GB 0-4 Croatia - Danny Meyers Speaks
- April 20, 2014Phillips Named as GB Captain
- April 17, 2014Steelers at the Speedway Tonight
- April 15, 2014VIDEO: PLay Off Sunday:
- April 15, 2014AUDIO: Gerad Adams on Being Steelers Head...
- April 15, 2014AUDIO: Steelers Owner Tony Smith on Adams...
- April 15, 2014Steelers Sign Adams to a Two Year Contract
- April 14, 2014The Right Man says Jonathan Phillips
- April 14, 2014Huge Teddy Bear Sucess Thanks to Hall-Fast
- April 14, 2014Steelers Players Avoid GB Cut
- April 13, 2014Hill Scores Again But GB Go Down to Holland.
- April 13, 2014Steelers Stars Strike Again in GB Win