Steelers Sign Chris Frank
The Sheffield Steelers have confirmed the signing of 26 year old blue liner Chris Frank for the remainder of the season.
Frank played for the Cardiff Devils last season amassing 4 goals 13 points and an incredible 324 penalty minutes.
Head coach Ryan Finnerty said "We finally got our man. We spoke all last summer with Chris trying to bring him here. I think he enjoyed his time in Cardiff but wanted to give North America one last go. With the lock out and the politics back there that decision didn't quiet work out
"We are lucky to be in the position where a player like him becomes available at this time of the year. With Jim Jorgenson out until late February we needed another guy at the back. Timing worked out just right with Tommy Sestito leaving us, it meant we had the space and the budget to bring another guy in.
"Chris will be bringing us toughness of course but he is also a very good player, he is mean and nasty and I will be looking for him to continue with this style whilst with us
"Chris will fly in on Wednesday and make his debut on Saturday in the home game against Edinburgh at ICE Sheffield"
Frank, speaking from San Francisco on Monday evening confirmed that he was excited to be returning the UK "I loved my time in Cardiff, the fans there were great. I'm excited about going to Sheffield, when you play there you realise its like being in Cardiff but just times 10
"I want to win and Ryan has put a great team together. I know Ryan from back in the day over here. I have heard great things about him as a coach and can't wait to play for him. I can't get over soon enough and I'm looking forward to Saturdays game against Edinburgh"
- December 4, 2013Steelers in Meadowhall on Thursday with...
- December 4, 2013More Support for "Added Value Day"
- December 3, 2013"Lets make Someones Christmas Extra...
- December 3, 2013Added Value to Edinburgh Game on the 11th
- December 3, 2013500 Man Legue VIDEO in the STAR
- December 2, 2013Steelers TV: Steelers 3-2 Flyers
- December 2, 201310 Days to Edinburgh for the Steelers
- December 2, 2013How The STAR Reported the Weekend.
- December 1, 2013AUDIO: What Doug and the Players Said ......
- December 1, 2013Crowd Stand for Legue in the 11th Minute
- December 1, 2013Steelers 3-2 Fife Flyers
- December 1, 2013Fans Call for 11th Minute Standing Ovation...